Back to Leslie Stambaugh home page
RLS Associates is a firm dedicated to improving the management and profitability of work organizations. The firm helps companies develop customer-centered strategies for achieving their goals — through market sensitivity, effective management practices, and streamlined work processes. RLS brings employees and management together to evaluate their organization’s strengths and weaknesses, better understand their markets, set goals for the future, and develop the skills and conditions necessary for successful implementation. The services RLS provides its clients include:
Strengthening Teams – Helping Them Thrive Through Change
- Building effective work teams through planning and team-building efforts; helping groups identify and resolve problems, define roles, and determine the logistics required for success.
- Training and coaching in communication, leadership, planning, team work, meeting management, and the human side of quality, productivity, and customer service.
- Re-engineering functional groups by working with them to reframe what they do and how they do it; streamlining work processes to focus on value-added outcomes, cutting cycle time, and increasing both efficiency and effectiveness.
Organizational Change Facilitation
- Developing a clear picture of what the organization could be: visioning and strategic planning.
- Identifying organizational strengths and problem areas, using employee surveys, interviews and focus groups. Providing a clear prescription for improvement, founded on reliable data.
- Focusing on the diversity in the workforce and the customer base it serves. Helping organizations identify and dismantle barriers that limit their employees, paving the way for organizations to accept and nurture diversity as the valuable resource it is.
- Defining target markets, assessing market parameters and customer needs, and evaluating customer service delivery systems.
- Building bridges within the organization to move it from its present level of functioning to the higher level the organization aspires to achieve.
A partial list of RLS Associates’ recent clients includes University of Michigan Hospitals, Northwestern Mutual Life, Massachusetts Mutual Life, Ford Motor Credit Company, Ford Motor Company, New Holland Credit, The State of Michigan, Michigan State Medical Society, Michigan State University, Michigan Automotive Compressor, Prakken Publications, The Environmental Protection Agency, and Libbey-Owens-Ford. RLS has also provided some unique services to manufacturing companies, including
- work on World Class Manufacturing for the National Center for Manufacturing Sciences,
- help in dealing with cultural issues in Japanese-American companies, and
- providing workshops in Fast Cycle Time and Rapid Actions for Process Improvement Deployment (RAPIDS) for Ford Motor Company.